Error 3253 shows the failure of connection to the server which can persist due to various reasons but this lets the individual to receive its emails but disables them to send out emails. This error comes with an error code 3253 along with a message Connection to the server was dropped or failed. The individual needs to fix this issue either themselves or by taking the help of professionals.
Causes of mac error code 3253
There are numerous reasons which can cause this error code 3253 Outlook Mac, some of them are mentioned as follows:
- The number of emails present in the sent box may be one of the reasons for the disconnection to the server. As a large number of email folders put an extra stress on the client-server communication.
- It may also persist due to the server settings of the incoming and outgoing server ports which must be verified and corrected.
- If you are using Outlook 2016 and received this error then you should have to change default port 465 to 587.
- Incorrect installation of Outlook on client’s device can also be a reason. It can be easily corrected by entering the right information.
To troubleshoot this Error Code 3253
The first approach towards finding out the possible error is to figure out the type of Mac Outlook 2016 account which can be any of them: IMAP, POP3. This can be easily found out from the Account Settings.
As we know that Mac Outlook error 3253 is an issue related to connection to the server, thus when we create a new account with proper server settings. Now we will talk about the steps to create a new account, if the steps are properly carried out by the user, then the chances of getting the error again are very less.
Steps to be followed to create a New Account:
- Go to applications and have a Right click on MS Outlook and click on Show Package Contents.
- Go to Contents>> Shared Support>> Outlook Profile Manager; double-click on it.
- Click on Create a new profile and enter the name of the profile.
- Click on Add account.
- Choose the account type – Another email>> IMAP/POP.
- Enter the account details and click on the option of Add account.
Contact us at Microsoft Office Support team for help
If by following the steps, you are not able to create an account. Don’t get worried; Fell free to contact our Microsoft Office Customer Service Specialists. Our executives are available 24*7 for the help of the clients. We are having a team of skilled professionals who are available 365 days a week.
Robert Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cybersecurity, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for Ms-Office products at www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup.